WAREHOUSE QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSOCIATE- TAMARAC
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Quality Assurance Associate, the primary function of this position is to assemble and inspect all product samples to ensure the product is up to manufacturer standards. The Quality Assurance Associate is also responsible for inspecting products for potential safety hazards, finish imperfections, and assembly difficulty. Your contributions will ensure the success of the operations department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Quality Assurance Associate Tamarac, Florida
Reports To: Department:
Group 4 Operations Supervisor Operations Department / Group 4
What You’ll Do…
As a Quality Assurance Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Assembles product following the instruction sheet provided by the vendor, utilizing proper material handling and equipment usage techniques to minimize damages
- Wraps assembled product in bags and shrink-wrap utilizing proper material handling techniques to minimize damages
- Inspects product for potential safety hazards, finish imperfections, and assembly difficulty
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Quality Assurance Associate:
- Moves product throughout the work station utilizing proper product handling techniques and equipment usage to minimize damages
- Assists in other departments within the distribution center
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Identifying and Solving Problems
- Speaking Effectivity/Listening Attentively:
- Social Intelligence
- Change Receptivity
- Cross Cultural Agility
- Personal Development
- Education & Work Experience:
- High School/GED High School Equivalent/Trade School
- At least one (1) year of experience required
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Full-Time, 40 hrs., 7am-3:30pm (M-F)
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- This position is in a large non-air-conditioned Distribution Center (warehouse)
- This position requires lifting and bending
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Certifications / Licenses
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.