WAREHOUSE OVERNIGHT PULLING & STAGING - TAMARAC
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Paternal Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Pulling & Staging Associate, the primary function of this position is to pull and stage products for customer delivery and installation. The Pulling & Staging Associate is also responsible for providing support to the Service and Receiving Departments in pulling and putting away merchandise in our rack system for internal and external customers. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Operations Department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Pulling & Staging Tamarac, Fl
Reports To: Department:
Operations Manager Operations
What You’ll Do…
As a Warehouse Pulling & Staging Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Pull Merchandise from rack system and load to staging area for delivery and install
- Utilize proper material handling techniques when pulling, staging, and receiving to minimize damage to merchandise and personal injuries
- Use appropriate inventory practices to scan when pulling, loading, and putting away product
- Examine products for damages, documents reasons for damages, and notifies a supervisor
- Unload containers to be received, labeled, and put away to inventory
- Put away merchandise into rack system from various distribution center departments
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Customer Orientation
- Effective Communication – Verbal & Written
- Relationship Management
- Change Receptivity
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test, background check, and physical ability test
- Education & Work Experience:
- No High School diploma required
- Previous warehouse/distribution center experience preferred but not required.
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Full-Time 40 Hours per week, Overnight Schedule: 6:30PM – 5:00AM
- Four 10-hour shifts / Three days off per week
- Includes weekends
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting up to 75lbs , working at high heights, bending, prolonged standing and walking
- Technology Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- WMS – High Jump (preferred but not required)
- Certifications / Licenses
- No certifications required
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.