City Furniture is currently seeking a DC Maintenance Mechanical Associate for our Miami Gardens Distribution Center. The primary functions are fixing and maintaining mechanical equipment, building systems, and material handling equipment throughout the facility.
This position is required to work a flexible 40-hour work week. In a large non-air conditioned Distribution Center and limited lifting and operation of equipment.
MHE Repairs & Preventive Maintenance
- Prepares Stock Pickers and Tugger equipment for the various departments/work shifts.
- Performs repairs on all equipment to include Stock Pickers, Tuggers, golf-carts, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on Stock Pickers
- Performs preventive maintenance on warehouse equipment, i.e. Balers, Chipper, EPS machine, lifts
Repairs any damaged racking or rails.
Replaces or tightens any loose or missing bolts from racking or rails.
Repairs any carts that are staged for repair.
Repairs any downed equipment, i.e. Balers, Chipper, Expandable Polystyrene Styrofoam (EPS) machine, lifts.
Maintains Distribution Center cleanliness by using floor sweeper/scrubber equipment
Inspects racking for damage.
Inspects dock doors for damage.
Inspects warehouse equipment for damage/functionality.
Audits restrooms for cleanliness and supplies.
Checks battery chargers for damage and functionality.
Checks for Material Handling Equipment (MHE) that is staged for repair.
Checks for carts that are staged for repair.
Delivers supplies to various Operations Departments
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunities to grow
- And MANY more