WAREHOUSE MAINTENANCE EQUIPMENT REPAIR - PLANT CITY
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Warehouse Maintenance Equipment Repair Associate, the primary function of this position is to safely fix and maintain mechanical equipment, building systems, and material handling equipment throughout the facility. The Maintenance Equipment Repair Associate is also responsible for repairing warehouse equipment such as stock pickers, tuggers, rails, and rack along with warehouse inspections. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Operations Department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Maintenance Equipment Repair Associate Plant City, FL
Reports To: Department:
Operations Manager Operations
What You’ll Do…
As a Warehouse Maintenance Equipment Repair Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to:
MHE Repairs & Preventive Maintenance:
- Prepares Stock Pickers and Tugger equipment for the various departments/work shifts.
- Performs repairs on all equipment to include Stock Pickers, Tuggers, golf-carts, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on Stock Pickers and Tuggers.
- Performs preventive maintenance on warehouse equipment, i.e. Balers, Chipper, EPS machine, lifts.
- Repairs any damaged racking or rails.
- Replaces or tightens any loose or missing bolts from racking or rails.
- Repairs any carts that are staged for repair.
- Repairs any downed equipment, i.e. Balers, Chipper, Expandable Polystyrene Styrofoam (EPS) machine, lifts.
- Maintains Distribution Center cleanliness by using floor sweeper/scrubber equipment.
- Inspects racking for damage.
- Inspects dock doors for damage.
- Inspects warehouse equipment for damage/functionality.
- Audits restrooms for cleanliness and supplies.
- Checks battery chargers for damage and functionality.
- Checks for Material Handling Equipment (MHE) that is staged for repair.
- Checks for carts that are staged for repair.
- Delivers supplies to various Operations Departments.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Identifying and Solving Problems
- Effective Communication – Verbal & Written
- Change Receptivity
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Education & Work Experience:
- No High-school diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a maintenance position
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a warehouse environment
- Experience operating warehouse equipment such as tuggers, stock pickers, floor scrubbers, etc.
- Experience working with chemicals
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Monday – Friday 6:00AM-2:30PM
- 40 Hours per week
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- Heavy lifting, bending, prolonged standing and walking
- Must be comfortable with heights (40 feet off the ground)
- Use of Safety equipment (Personal Protective Equipment: Respirator and Spray Mask.)
- Technology Requirements: preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Certifications / Licenses
- Valid Florida Drivers License
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.