WAREHOUSE INVENTORY TRANSFER ASSOCIATE - AM SHIFT - TAMARAC
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As an Inventory Transfer Associate, the primary function of this position is to load furniture in containers in a safe an efficient manner to avoid damages for delivery to our Distribution Centers. The Inventory Transfer Associate is also responsible for verifying SKU’s and product information to ensure bar code accuracy, and reduce delivery variances. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Operations Department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Inventory Transfer Associate Tamarac, Fl
Reports To: Department:
Operations Manager Operations
What You’ll Do…
As a Warehouse Inventory Transfer Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Load products utilizing proper material handling techniques and equipment to minimize damages and prevent personal injury
- Verify SKU’s and product information to ensure bar code accuracy and reduce delivery variances
- Verify orders to confirm accuracy of products being delivered
- Examine product for damages, notifies Supervisors of damaged products, documents reasons for damages
- Operates order picker and tuggers in a safe manner
- Utilize proper handling techniques to minimize damages
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Customer Orientation
- Effective Communication – Verbal & Written
- Relationship Management
- Change Receptivity
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test, background check, and physical ability test
- Education & Work Experience:
- No High School diploma required
- Previous warehouse/distribution center experience preferred but not required.
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Full time - must be available- Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:30pm. (5 days - 8 hour shifts)
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting up to 75lbs , working at high heights, bending, prolonged standing and walking
- Technology Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- WMS – High Jump (preferred but not required)
- Certifications / Licenses
- No certifications required
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 564a53dc-8239-4f60-a04b-4b86d2803ff4