WAREHOUSE FLEET INSPECTOR - OCOEE
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Fleet Inspector, the primary function of this position is to record damages to the vehicles. The Fleet Inspector ensures damages are reported, vehicles are fully operational, and aids Service Technicians in dealing with damages and leftover debris. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Operations Department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Fleet Inspector Associate Ocoee, FL
Reports To: Department:
Operations Manager Operations
What You’ll Do…
As a Fleet Inspector Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Inspects the exterior of the truck for any new damages.
- Inspects tires to ensure they are fully operational.
- Inspects lights including box lights, back-up lights, reverse lights, tag lights, head lights, and dome light.
- Listens for audible back up alarm.
- Instructs Service Technicians where to park vehicles that have issues.
- Performs minor repairs such as changing light bulbs, windshield wiper blades, mud flaps, etc.
- Drives and moves trucks to the fueling line.
- Issues Department of Transportation (DOT) post-walkaround inspection sheet.
- Compares pre-walkaround inspection sheet to post-inspection sheet for accuracy and consistency.
- Files pre- and post-walkaround inspection sheets.
Vehicle Cleaning and Maintenance:
- Ensures Service Technicians remove any debris or trash left inside the vehicle.
- When required, cleans and sanitizes the inside cab of each vehicle.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Effective Communication – Verbal & Written
- Relationship Management
- Change Receptivity
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Education & Work Experience:
- No High-school diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a maintenance position
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a warehouse environment
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Tuesday - Saturday 2:00PM - 10:30PM
- 40 Hours per week
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- Bending, lifting, prolonged standing and walking
- Working safely with chemicals
- Technology Requirements: (preferred but not required)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Certifications / Licenses
- Valid Florida Drivers License
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.