WAREHOUSE CHAIR ASSEMBLER - PLANT CITY
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Warehouse Chair Assembler Associate, the primary function of this position is to assemble and inspect all chairs that are received from our vendors unassembled in a timely and safe manner. The Chair Assembler Associate will be required to work with a variety of hand tools and standing for long hours. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Operations Department at CITY Furniture.
What You’ll Do…
As a Chair Assembler, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Assemble chairs following the instruction sheet for the type of chair being assembled, utilizing proper material handling and equipment usage techniques to minimize damages
- Wrap assembled chairs in bags utilizing proper material handling techniques to minimize damages
- Unpack cartons and places components on assembly table according to prescribed template
- Inspect chairs and touches up minor imperfections
- Inspect components for damages
- Assist in other departments within the distribution center
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Relationship Management
- Change Receptivity
- Cross Cultural Orientation
- Education & Work Experience:
- No High-school diploma required
- No previous experience required
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- 4:00AM-3:30PM inlcuding weekends and holidays
- 40 Hours per week
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting up to 75lbs , bending, prolonged standing and walking
- Use of Safety equipment
- Technology Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- WMS – High Jump (preferred but not required)
- AS400 (preferred but not required)
- Director (preferred but not required)
- Certifications / Licenses
- No certifications required
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.