VISUAL MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR - WELLINGTON
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Visual Merchandising Coordinator, the primary function of this position is to help create the customer’s first impression of CITY Furniture. The Visual Merchandising Coordinator is also responsible for Implementing corporate visual standards and adding your own unique and innovative visual flair. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Visual Merchandising department at CITY Furniture.
What You’ll Do…
As a Visual Merchandising Coordinator, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Create and Maintain the visual presentation of the showroom by following company standards
- Coordinate furniture and accessory placement in accordance with company standards
- Manage home accents (receiving, unpacking, and tagging of accessories.)
- Managing Product Flow, ensuring merchandise and CITY Furniture standards are followed
- Maximize inventory productivity and maintain proper inventory level
- Collaborate with all Associates to ensure the success of the organization
What We’re Looking For…
Furniture experience is not needed to be exceptional in this role! If you work in hospitality, or customer service, have a background in sales, and/or are a veteran with relevant background experience, this role may be your perfect fit!
As a Visual Merchandising Coordinator, your required skills and qualifications are:
- Prior Visual Display, Fashion Merchandising, and Design experience a plus
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of diagrams
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Works independently to insure the proper visual appearance of the showroom
- Demonstrate consistent and high-quality work ethic
- Maintains a positive attitude; works with a sense of urgency; demonstrates timely and thorough execution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, or independently with little direct supervision
- Flexible with an ability to handle multiple tasks where priorities shift with the demands of the business
- Have project management and organizational skills; must be proficient in time management with a focus on managing multiple tasks, assigning priorities, and meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Comfortable in using a computer and open to learning new programs and systems
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role, including frequent lifting (45lbs ) and the use of ladders, etc.
- Travel from showroom to showroom required
- Valid FL Driver’s License
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required; additional languages such as Creole, Portuguese, etc. are a plus
- Knowledge of Apple iPads/apps/accessories, general PC knowledge
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.