TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST - LEVEL II - TAMARAC
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Technology Specialist, the primary function of this position is to support and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets. The Technology Specialist is also responsible for installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all corporate hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal performance, Troubleshooting technical issues. Addressing customer inquiries and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Hybrid – Tamarac/Various Showroom, DC Locations
Technology Support Manager
IT/ Technology Support/Infrastructure
What You’ll Do…
As a Technology Specialist, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- System Management: Ensures all computer systems are functional and identifies issues with hardware, printers, software, and user access. Researches error messages and corrects problems, manages helpdesk tickets.
- Internal Support: Provides support to staff via in-person, email, and phone, assisting with company-supported hardware/software applications and acting as a computer resource.
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Technology Specialist:
- Computer Monitoring: Operates and monitors computers and peripherals like printers and access points. Maintains warehouse systems and equipment for optimal functionality.
- Human Resource Management: Offers on-the-job training to new department staff to aid their development.
- Installations: Performs hardware and software installations and assists with upgrades for job functions.
- Documentation: Records user-submitted tickets and their resolutions for future reference.
- Transactions: Creating documentation for work orders, equipment movement sheets, purchase orders for vendors, return merchandise authorization, and FedEx shipping.
We’re Looking For…
- Technical Troubleshooting: Proficiently diagnose and solve hardware, software, and network issues for a smooth user experience.
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional assistance with patience, catering to user needs for positive interactions.
- Communication Skills: Effectively convey technical details to non-technical users and collaborate with colleagues for complex problems.
- Ticket Management: Skillfully prioritize and handle helpdesk tickets, ensuring timely and accurate issue resolution.
- Problem Solving: Autonomy in decision-making and problem-solving. Use logical thinking to identify root causes and implement effective solutions.
- Adaptability: Stay updated on evolving technologies, adapting to changes in software, hardware, and user needs.
- Team Collaboration: Work with colleagues, escalating complex issues for collective problem-solving.
- Education & Work Experience:
- AA/AS degree in MIS or relevant Certification
- Preferably, 2-4 years or more of related IT technical support experience.
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Monday through Friday - with possible night and weekend shifts
- Flexible 40-hour workweek
- Operates in corporate offices, distribution centers, and retail showrooms.
- 20% Travel is and contained within Florida.
- Physical Requirements:
- This position requires limited lifting.
- This position requires limited lifting.
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- iPad iOS
- Apple Mac OS
- Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Software Utility Tools
- Jira Service Management
- Certifications / Licenses
- ITF Certification preferred but not required
- A Certification preferred but not required
- Network Certification preferred but not required
- FL Driver License
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.