TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST LEVEL I - HYBRID/CORPORATE - TAMARAC
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
The Technical Specialist role involves offering technical assistance to customers and maintaining internal technology and IT assets. The main tasks include monitoring vital business systems, addressing customer inquiries, troubleshooting technical issues, documenting cases, collaborating with teammates, following standard procedures and ensuring customer satisfaction. The role also entails updating knowledge base articles, adapting to changing priorities. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Technology Department at CITY Furniture.
Technical Specialist Level I
Tech Services Supervisor – Level 1
What You’ll Do…
As a Technical Specialist, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Efficiently handle incoming calls through the Helpdesk hotline, providing comprehensive support to various departments for technical troubleshooting, system processes (AS400, WMS, proprietary apps), etc. Ensure smooth communication by escalating complex concerns to the Tech team, initiating urgent issue tickets, and offering crucial solutions for City Furniture's system problems. Conduct troubleshooting with users to resolve issues on the first attempt, distinguishing between user errors and programming issues and documenting all pertinent details in the ticket. Create tickets for users with non-functional PCs/Laptops/iPads or critical problems affecting their primary tasks. Monitor and accurately direct JIRA tickets to appropriate departments for swift resolution.
- Continuously oversee the operational status of business systems and computer setups to ensure their proper functioning. Identify and resolve issues related to hardware, software, or user access problems. Investigate and correct error messages and effectively manage helpdesk tickets from internal clients.
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Technology Specialist:
- Supervise daily system processes, monitoring real-time performance. Perform nightly operations on AS400 and warehouse management systems to ensure preparedness for the next business day.
- Handle software installations and assist in software upgrades necessary for job tasks. Document and keep records of user-submitted tickets and their resolutions for future reference.
What We’re Looking For…
- Technical Troubleshooting: Proficiently diagnose and solve hardware, software, and network issues for a smooth user experience.
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional assistance with patience, catering to user needs for positive interactions.
- Communication Skills: Effectively convey technical details to non-technical users and collaborate with colleagues for complex problems.
- Ticket Management: Skillfully prioritize and handle helpdesk tickets, ensuring timely and accurate issue resolution.
- Problem Solving: Use logical thinking to identify root causes and implement effective solutions.
- Adaptability: Stay updated on evolving technologies, adapting to changes in software, hardware, and user needs.
- Team Collaboration: Work with colleagues, escalating complex issues for collective problem-solving.
- Education & Work Experience:
- AA/AS degree in MIS or relevant certification
- Preferably, 0-2 years or more of related IT technical support experience.
- Strong Customer Services orientation and a patient approach to assisting users.
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Tuesday through Friday / overnight, and holidays
- Flexible 40-hour work week (10 hour shifts)
- Travel is not required
- Physical Requirements:
- This position requires limited lifting.
- This position requires limited lifting.
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- iPad iOS
- Apple Mac OS
- Microsoft Windows Operating System
- IBMi AS400
- Jira Service Management
- Certifications / Licenses
- ITF Certification preferred but not required
- A Certification preferred but not required
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.