SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER - TAMARAC
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Supply Chain Planner, the primary function of this position is to maintain high in stock availability whilst optimizing the inbound flow, and maintaining healthy inventory levels to ensure customer satisfaction. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with vendors and internal cross-functional teams. The Supply Chain Planner will optimize order flow, monitor and replenish inventory, and manage demand planning software tools such as Blue Ridge and AS400. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Marketing/Merchandising Department at CITY Furniture.
Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Manager
What You’ll Do…
As a Supply Chain Planner your primary responsibilities will be:
- Plan weekly demand rates for Manager of Supply Chain to approve based on 10 weeks of delivered business.
- Plan seasonal demand changes and work around holiday factory shutdowns.
- Maintain high in stock level through filling stock outs from overseas or domestic warehouses
- Verify and confirm vendor receipt of orders and that orders are on track and correct.
- Issue purchase orders as needed to properly maintain targets in stock and inventory levels for active products.
- Recommend areas for improvement to increase the efficiency of supply chain: verify factory lead times, shipping accuracies, cutting cycles, and buying group consolidations.
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Supply Chain Planner:
- Work with Manager and Logistics Manager to ensure low cost and timely shipments domestically and internationally.
- Follow up on any issues from Visual Display, Sales, Customer Service, and Operations.
- Compile and update various reports to assist Supply Chain Manager and Buyer including the following: inventory audit, projections, fabric ordering spreadsheets (if applicable), and truck scheduling.
- Communicate issues cross functionally as directed.
- Create sample requests for new product/quality issues.
- Submit floor plan note template to sell off product, move to web, or move to clearance.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Effective communication – Verbal & Written
- Analytical ability
- Developing rapport
- Identifying and solving problems
- Attention to detail
- Meeting goals/KPIs
- Decision Making/Judgement
- Relationship Management
- Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in supply chain, merchandising, or logistics from an accredited institution.
- 1 or more years of experience in or from a related field required.
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Monday through Friday,
- Flexible 40-hour work week, in a corporate/remote office environment. Occasional early morning hours and late evenings may be required to attend events and conduct special projects.
- This position requires prolonged sitting and light walking.
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Blue Ridge
- Certifications / Licenses
- Valid Florida Driver License
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: d892a494-bd49-4948-9d31-bcc1196618a0