We have a wonderful opportunity to join our CITY Furniture TECH team. As the (Sr) Manager of Software Engineer the primary function of this position is to support the software engineering team within the Tech Department, and act as the main point of contact for software engineers assigned to their team.
We are looking for an (Sr) Engineering Manager with a passion for providing excellent customer service and building exceptional teams. You will be responsible for hiring and growing a team of Senior Software Engineers. The team charter includes monitoring and handling our customers’ requests, troubleshooting, solving issues, automating support needs, developing support documentation and runbooks, developing and maintaining support tools and infrastructure, and continuously seeking ways to improve our product offerings and the engineering support experience. Our ideal candidate has first-hand experience managing customer-facing, engineering support roles and has a breadth of experience across infrastructure, internal tooling, platforms, and cloud computing. You are excellent at understanding and solving complex and ambiguous problems and constantly seek improvement. You are an exceptional people manager who fosters a healthy culture of execution, inclusion, and learning.
Remote is an option. We value what you can do from anywhere in the United States.
Our offices are located in Tamarac, Florida.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- You have managed engineering support teams and obsess over customer experience.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You have strong collaboration skills and excel at working cross-functionally.
- You have experience with internal engineering tools, platforms, and infrastructure.
- You know how to evaluate technology and seek out process improvement opportunities through automation.
- You are a data-driven decision-maker who knows what to measure and how to interpret the results.
- You are a product thinker and are comfortable assimilating customer needs into product requirements.
- You are an exceptional people manager with a proven track record of hiring top talent and developing diverse and inclusive teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunity to grow
- And MANY more