SR. CLOUD ADMINISTRATOR - HYBRID - CORPORATE OFFICE/REMOTE
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Sr. Cloud Administrator, the primary function of this position is to design, maintain and document the cloud environment comprised of Windows and Linux hosts. The Sr. Cloud Administrator also provides technical support for the cloud-based systems and troubleshoot operational issues. They assist in managing AWS cloud services by establishing best practices optimizing costs. Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD/Microsoft 365. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Technology Department at CITY Furniture.
Sr. Cloud Administrator
Hybrid/Remote Corporate Office Environment
Director of Technology Services
What You’ll Do…
As a Sr. Cloud Administrator, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Lead / Plan IT Projects – Act as project manager on assigned projects. Research alternatives, identifies and designs solutions, and present plans for approval. Coordinate and manage work schedules assignments for stakeholders to complete project by assigned deadline. Design implementation plans and resolve issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Manage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Environment – Key responsibilities include: Disaster recovery planning - Installing, configuring, and maintaining systems such as web servers, databases, operating systems, virtualization platforms, network security devices, load balancers, firewalls, and other network services - Monitoring usage of computing resources such as CPU usage, memory consumption, storage capacity, and network bandwidth utilization to ensure that the cloud environment is performing efficiently and cost effectively - Performing routine tasks such as updating software packages, patching operating systems, and backing up data as needed.
- Manage Microsoft Windows Servers & Linux Servers – Administrators install, configure, and maintain various types of cloud services and software, which often involves creating user accounts, carrying out backup and recovery functions, and monitoring the performance of servers at all times.
They need to configure, manage, and implement operating systems. Administrators are in charge of backups and retrieval of resources. They administer and maintain system accounts through Active Directory (for Windows servers). Administrators work with the Technology team to design and deploy secure server processes.
- Manage Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 – Manage Azure AD, Microsoft 365 Licensing and Exchange Admin Center.
- Maintain Security – Assist with cloud server security configurations, patches, and troubleshooting as needed. Help to maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures. Implementing security measures such as firewalls, access controls, encryption, intrusion detection systems, and password policies to protect the company’s data and applications from unauthorized access or misuse.
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Sr. Cloud Administrator:
- Assist with Support IBM iSeries – Provide back-up support for the iSeries Helpdesk team. Work with internal customers to resolve support issues. Training to be provided.
What We’re Looking For…
- Identifying and solving problems
- Project/ goal management
- Analytical ability
- Effective communication – Verbal & Written
- Information Management
- Risk management
- Decision Making/Judgement
- Customer Orientation
- Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience managing and supporting servers in AWS demonstrated field experience in technical support
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Monday through Friday; hybrid/remote - corporate office environment.
- 40-hour work week; required to be on call and available for critical system issues.
- Occasional travel to Corporate Headquarters (5-10%)
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged sitting
- Technology Requirements:
- Proven experience managing and optimizing EC2 instances in a production environment.
- Proven experience designing, building, managing and optimizing serverless applications in a production environment.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services and infrastructure components.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation using Python, PowerShell, or similar languages.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools such as AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and security best practices in AWS.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
- Linux operating system.
- Jira service management.
- Certifications / Licenses:
- AWS certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect, AWS SysOps Administrator, or DevOps Engineer are required.
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6e9fbc12-27ae-456a-bb65-d08de6facc8d