SHOWROOM MANAGER IN TRAINING - FT MYERS & NAPLES
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Showroom Manager In Training the primary function of this position is to increase showroom sales, Customer satisfaction and Associate satisfaction while reducing unnecessary expenses through strategic initiatives and effective daily management. The Showroom Manager is also responsible for managing a team of Sales Associates Your contributions will ensure the success of the Sales Department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title Location
Showroom Manager In Training Ft. Myers/ Naples
Reports To Department/Sub-Department
Sr. Showroom Manager Sales
What You’ll Do…
As a Showroom Manager In Training your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Daily Showroom Management – Opens and closes the showroom. Handles Associate/Customer inquiries and customer service issues. Updates, reviews, and implements processes to improve KPIs. Manages Price tag changeovers. Implements and follows processes needed to run the business to ensure the company hits our targets. Works with other departments, such as Technology and Facilities, to ensure the showroom is up to standard and to ensure Associates have the tools necessary to complete their duties. Audits standards and processes. Ensures Associates complete all required training. Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports to facilitate decisions regarding progress to goals and ways to improve within the Showroom. Ensures schedule adherence for associates.
- Manager Engagement and Coaching – Manages and supports Showroom Associates through manager engagement to help drive sales, services, finance, ensure quality, and customer satisfaction. Negotiates actively in sales cycles to drive top-line revenue and bottom-line profitability. Provides World Class Service to all guests. Ensures all selling associates are complying with standardized work (prospecting, role play, answering phones, etc.). Spends one-on-one time coaching and developing Associates to drive their success and the success of the Showroom. Conducts training workshops for Sales Associates throughout the week.
- People Management – Audits Associates’ hours, submits vacation & sick time. Responsible for personnel management, performance management, and handling HR issues in the showroom as needed. Conducts and Corrective Action Program and Performance Improvement Program according to company standards.
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Showroom Manager In Training:
- Communications and Implementations – Conducts Ultimate Update meetings and consistently communicates the Company’s progress to Hoshin initiatives and goals and leads the team towards these goals. Recognizes Associates for performance, living our values, and providing our guests with world class service. Stay’s up-to-date on company communications and initiatives. Ensure communications reach all Associates in the showroom. Communicates the purpose of implementations, the goal, and sets expectations for Associates. Implements new processes/changes within the Showroom, and drives results.
- Operations and Inventory Management – Conducts weekly inventory counts. Manages and reconciles weekly inventory reports to reduce shrinkage and loss to the company financials. Responsible for all showroom physical resources including exterior and exterior of our facilities along with proper merchandising and cleanliness of showrooms. Responsible for Associate and Customer safety. Completes physical audits of the Showroom appearance, cleanliness and merchandising continually throughout the month to maintain World Class Appearance for the Guests.
- Problem Solving – Helps solve problems in the showroom. Identifies problems and participates in analysis and follow-up with Team. Follows the Plan, Do, Check, Act methodology. Participates in event analysis and follow-up with Team. Ensures Associates are providing and implementing suggestions.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Serves and Develops others
- Drives Key Performance Indicators
- Speaking Effectively/Listening Attentively
- Relationship Management
- Customer Orientation
- Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree, preferred
- One or more years from a related environment preferred.
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- 45 hours per week, includes nights, weekend, holidays
- In an air-conditioned showroom
- Must be able to travel to both Naples and Ft Myers showrooms
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Light lifting when presenting products and merchandise to Customers
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- ASAP Internal platform
- Certifications / Licenses
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.