Senior Software Engineer
We have a wonderful opportunity to join our CITY Furniture TECH team. As the Senior Software Engineer, the primary function of this position is to drive teams toward delivering on CITY’s ambitious tech vision. They leverage their deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess their team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
Your career will begin with a detailed new hire orientation, a personalized initial training plan, and a personalized development plan to help you reach your career goals.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities
- You will own or take part in the entire cycle of software development and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between.
- Build testable, highly-available applications and services with monitoring and alerting.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team.
- Maintain system architecture documentation and runbooks.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- As a great contributor with great communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow.
- You will design solutions and choose technologies that solve our internal clients’ problems while staying within constraints.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who loves a challenge!
- Experience with Strongly Typed Languages
- You know how to write distributed, well designed services.
- You are able to pivot and iterate quickly on solutions and share learnings with the team.
- Understanding of event driven architecture and best practices.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming.
- Keen understanding of database models and SQL queries.
- Understanding and experience of Linux operating systems, containerization, Serverless architecture, and public clouds, specially AWS.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive attitude with a focus on resolving problems and delivering results preferred.
- Must be able and flexible to work well under changing priorities in a high energy and demanding environment.
- Willingness to learn new languages, technologies, tools; and ability to understand previous business processes and systems
Technologies you may be working with
At CITY Furniture we use a wide range of technologies ranging from ancient to bleeding edge!
You will get to work with any of the following and maybe more!
- AWS Serverless & Friends
- EventBridge, Lambda, EC2, Fargate
- Nodejs & Typescript
- React, Nextjs, Hapi, Express
- Postgres, MySql, DocumentDB, Redis
- Infrastructure as Code and configuration management
- CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible
The ideal Senior Software Engineer is looking to build a career. With over 30 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunity to grow
- And MANY more