We have wonderful opportunity to join City Furniture's Corporate team as a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will perform month-end close activities, analyze and verify financial information, prepare internal financial reports, provide information to the field, reconcile, and review GL accounts.
Month End Close Function
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations to account for financial activity of designated accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accounting is complete, accurate, GAAP-compliant and well documented.
- Prepare and maintain timely and accurate financial reporting
- Support Controller in support functions such as ad hoc reporting, special projects, customer deposit maintenance.
- Commercial sales/business, customer deposit file maintenance,
- Ashley ecommerce business activity and annual audits
- Capture and obtain as well as analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources in order to consolidate, develop into schedules, share with external vendors, etc.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit preparation for external auditors
Fixed Asset Management
- Maintain fixed asset records in SAGE Fixed Asset Accounting System including assigning useful lives in accordance with Company policy.
- Prepare monthly schedules and other fixed asset monthly accounting workpapers
- Attend daily department ultimate update standup meetings, annual company events, IDP meetings and meeting related to the role.
The Senior Accountant’s first 90 days will include a detailed new hire orientation, initial training plan, and a personalized development plan to help you reach your career goals.
The ideal Senior Accountant is looking to build a career. With over 30 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunity to grow
- And MANY more