SECURITY GUARD - PLANT CITY
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Security Guard Associate, the primary function of this position is to be responsible for the security and safety of our Distribution Center’s property and personnel. The Security Guard Associate is also required to know all site-specific policies, processes, procedures, and implement emergency response activities as appropriate, while providing superior customer service. Your contributions will ensure the success of the operations department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Security Guard Plant City, FL
Reports To: Department:
Operations Manager Operations
What You’ll Do…
As a Security Guard Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct regular and random patrols around the Distribution Center and its perimeter. Ensure full protection of the facility, staff and environment by keeping the location safe and secure.
- Process of all inbound and outbound loads into the Distribution Center facility. Accurately process all trailers, non-CITY Furniture trucks and containers, (both inbound and outbound), through our yard management system.
- Process all inbound and outbound of D&I and Same-Day truck loads. This process ensures all necessary processes are adhered to with respect to ensuring proper checkouts of all loads.
- Clean all excess debris inside the Distribution Center’s Security Guardhouse, in order to keep the work environment well-maintained and safe at all times.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Customer Orientation
- Effective Communication – Verbal & Written
- Relationship Management
- Change Receptivity
- Cross Cultural Agility
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Education & Work Experience:
- High School/GED High School Equivalent and/or Trade School curriculum completion
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At least one (1) year of prior operational security/surveillance work experience preferred. Working knowledge of basic security techniques desired
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Full time, 40 Hours per week. Must be flexible for all shift: 5:00AM -1:00PM, 1:00PM-9:00PM, 9:00PM-5:00AM
- Includes weekends
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- This position is in a large non-air-conditioned Distribution Center (warehouse).
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Familiarity with WMS software, (i.e.: HighJump, Telnet), is highly recommended
- Certifications / Licenses
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.