We have a wonderful opportunity to join our CITY Furniture Office of Strategy Management team. As the Scrum Master, the primary function of this position is to facilitate and coach multiple development teams. This dedicated position provides the necessary hands-on leadership and support for the development teams to adhere to Agile and remove impediments to continually increase the probability of success in each sprint.
This position is also responsible for coaching/mentoring the development teams to achieve the stated goals of the sprint. The very best candidate is well versed in all things related to IT project management and has ability/experience at taking best methods of Agile, Scrum, project management, Kanban, waterfall, and other methods and tools to create a world-class development system for City Furniture.
Manage Sprint workflow:
- Assist, coach, and guide development teams on applying Agile to all development cycles.
- Facilitate all ceremonies to achieve the goals of the sprint: requirements gathering, grooming, planning, estimating, demos and retrospective meetings, daily stand-ups, others.
- Be point of contact for sprint-related communications (customers, stakeholders, teams)
- Work with product owners to prioritize backlogs and new requests
- Ensure development teams fulfill all requirements of story cards at the end of each sprint.
- Continually guide development teams to achieve higher Agile maturity
- Build an environment where team members "own" the product and enjoy working on it.
- Develops and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are relevant to making all aspects of IT project management visible.
- Plan deliverables and help teams monitor performance
- Visualize planned work, work in progress, and completed work
- Assists in identifying KPIs that highlight waste and areas for continuous improvement.
- Send out calendar appointments for teams under management
- Provide necessary reporting on sprints and teams progress under management.
- Track time, expenses, and other data associated with assigned teams/sprints.
Work Environment Summary
This position is required to work a 40-hour flexible work week, willingness to work weekends, during early or late hours in a blended work-from-home and corporate office environment, based on business and safety needs.
This position reports directly to the Managing Director of PMO (Project Management Office), with "dotted line" responsibility to the key stakeholders which are under the Scrum Master’s Agile management.
Financial Transaction Responsibilities
This position is not responsible for financial transactions.
Your career will begin with a detailed new hire orientation, a welcome lunch with your leader, a personalized initial training plan, and a personalized development plan to help you reach your career goals.
The ideal Scrum Master is looking to build a career. With over 30 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunity to grow
- And MANY more