REPAIR TECHNICIAN - PLANT CITY
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Repair Technician I Associate, the primary function of this position is to repair damaged product to its best saleable condition in a cost-effective matter and determine stock disposition. The Repair Technician I is also responsible for the inspection of product for quality control purposes, rewrap/repackage products after inspection utilizing proper material handling techniques and equipment to minimize damages. A health evaluation and fit test is required to be able to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE, respirator, i.e.). Your contributions will ensure the success of the Operations Department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Repair Technician I Plant City, FL
Reports To: Department:
Operations Manager Operations
What You’ll Do…
- Repair damaged merchandise in at least one (1) core competency (casegoods and leather/upholstery) to stock available status
- Determine whether product should be sent to Clearance or donated, if not, repairable to stock
- Associate Development- Coaches and mentors other associates to help them learn and improve their repair techniques
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Technical/Functional Expertise
- Effective Communication – Verbal & Written
- Process Design
- Change Receptivity
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test, background check, and skills test
- Education & Work Experience:
- No High-school diploma required
- Furniture Repair Experience working with refinishing tools
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Flexibility to work between 6AM to 11PM, 8 hour shifts, nights, weekend, holidays
- <40 Hours per week>
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting up to 75lbs , bending, prolonged standing and walking
- Use of Safety equipment (Personal Protective Equipment: Respirator and Spray Mask.)
- Technology Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- WMS – High Jump (preferred but not required)
- AS400 (preferred but not required)
- Director (preferred but not required)
- Certifications / Licenses
- No certifications required
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.