We have a wonderful opportunity to join City Furniture's Operations team as an Operations Supervisor
The primary function of this position is to lead a front line team of associates and team leaders to achieve company goals. This position is responsible for verifying quality and consistency of processes and ensuring operation processes are maintained throughout the Warehouse.
This position is an essential part of the Operations Management department with the goal of successfully operating the flow of good throughout the distribution center in order to ultimately satisfy our customers. This position is also responsible for audits and problem solving in an effort to aide in reducing operational costs while increasing customer satisfaction.
The Operations Supervisor’s first 90 days will include a detailed new hire orientation, initial training plan, and a personalized development plan to help you reach your career goals.
The ideal Operations Supervisor is looking to build a career. With over 30 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
Work Environment Summary
This position is required to work a flexible work week in both, a corporate environment and in a large non-air conditioned Distribution Center (warehouse).
This position requires lifting and bending.
- Owns problem solving projects and accountable to improve KPIs and deliver on project deadlines. Requires critical thinking and extensive problem solving and has discretion to make process changes as needed to achieve targeted goals. Manages direct reports to facilitate determined countermeasures.
- Responsible for working with direct reports to maintain integrity in quality inspection process and for improving standard work when necessary. Audits processes and productivity for quality standards and consistency. Responsible for developing and updating KPIs pertaining to their specific management layer.
- Prepares and meet with associates and team leaders to discuss any issues encountered during the shift. Prepares and meets with management from other groups within the warehouse to discuss issues, staffing and countermeasures. Leads Ultimate Update meetings, reviews KPI’s, and discusses planned actions to achieve goals for the day.
- Coaches and advises Problem solving teams. Accountable for coaching teams to develop countermeasures solve team-determined root-cause problems. Countermeasures may require process changes which can be made with this person’s approval.
- Ensures the Standard work for the department filled out and ready for the upcoming processes or meetings. Reviews previous day notes and plans for upcoming day. Reviews quality notes, make updates and research issues. Creates quality topics of the week.
- Ensures Operations team is communicating properly with sales and customer care on all communication regarding quality and parts issued. Meetings with subordinates on their Development plans and develops team leaders and associates into future supervisors.
- Reviews product and processes for internal and external defects. Audits the quality of repair in the repair shop. Audits all DC processes to ensure compliance of standardized work and satisfactory productivity measures. Communicates with quality assurance leadership to discuss department updates, KPIs, schedules, suggestions, CFOS and cross functional opportunities for improvement.
Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
401k with employer match
Associate Discount Program
Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
Paid Sick Time
Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunities to grow
And MANY more
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.