We have a wonderful opportunity to join City Furniture's Operations team as an Operations Manager In Training.
The primary function of this position is to learn all aspects of the Operations Department while maintaining high standards for personal performance. This position is responsible for leading a team of up to 100 associates on a daily basis to operate the business in an efficient and safe manner.
- Gains exposure in the following areas of the Operations Department: monitoring and managing product inventory, shipping and delivery logistics; managing expenses and budgets for assigned departments; managing the physical resources (i.e. equipment, tools, facilities maintenance, etc.) & human resources (i.e. forecasting, scheduling, etc.) for assigned departments.
- Learns and applies company standard operating procedures and policies within the Distribution Center with the goal of eventually managing the day-to-day operations (i.e. floor management) of assigned departments to ensure the efficiency and productivity in the departments. Works with assigned manager & mentor to achieve defined performance goals. Successfully completes the Manager In Training program within the established timeframe.
- Prepares and conducts meetings on a regular basis to communicated appropriate information to Associates.
- Reviews and analyzes departmental reports. Problem solves & investigates data and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Gains exposure to safety policies & procedures and ensures that Associates utilize the proper material handling techniques and equipment to minimize damages and reduce injuries.
The Operations Manager in Training's first 90 days will include a detailed new hire orientation, initial training plan, and a personalized development plan to help you reach your career goals.
The ideal Operations Manager In Training is looking to build a career. With over 30 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
401k with employer match
Associate Discount Program
Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
Paid Sick Time
Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunities to grow
And MANY more
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.