We have wonderful opportunity to join City Furniture's Marketing Department as a Merchandise Planning Specialist
The Merchandise Planning Specialist is responsible for conducting product and assortment performance research, planning product layout, and collection transitions in City Furniture and Ashley Furniture Home Store showrooms, assisting in determining optimal product assortment. This position is well suited for a candidate who is detail oriented and an analytical thinker, with an aptitude for working collaboratively on multiple projects and building relationships across the organization.
Job Responsibilities & Functions:
- Conducts quarterly evaluations of product lineup, showroom performance, & Lifestyle performance using data analysis within managing geographic region.
- Creates transition plans for product additions and drops to provide ideal placement and environment flow in showrooms. Works with the purchasing team to determine product lineup based on individual showroom performance and demographics.
- Creates product layout in AutoCAD for showroom remerchandising projects and new store opening projects utilizing visual and merchandising display standards.
- Creates and manages the file system of showroom drawings, floor plans, and product dimensions in AutoCAD by conducting quarterly showroom audits.
- Works cross-functionally with the Buying Team, Supply Chain, and Visual departments.
The Merchandise Planning Specialist’s first 90 days will include a detailed new hire orientation, initial training plan, and a personalized development plan to help you reach your career goals.
The ideal Merchandise Planning Specialist is looking to build a career. With over 30 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunity to grow
- And MANY more