We have a wonderful opportunity to join our CITY Furniture Facilities team. The Maintenance Mechanic (Float) reports to the Facilities Manager and is a member of the Facilities Department.
Your career will begin with a detailed new hire orientation, a personalized initial training plan, and a personalized development plan to help you reach your career goals.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Interior wall repairs, patching/painting
- Inspects and maintains equipment, structures and materials
- Installs and repairs fixtures - plumbing/electrical
- Replaces electrical components
- Exterior pressure washing
What you can expect.
Compensation: $24-$26 depending on experience
Location(s): MIAMI DADE AND BROWARD (FLOATING)
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunity to grow
- And MANY more
- Education - High school diploma/GED High School Equivalent/Trade School required
- Work Experience - 2 to 5 years of previous work-related experience in maintenance, plumbing, miscellaneous repairs and operations.
- Other skills - Proficiency in reading and speaking English. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Certification or Licensure Requirements - Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
The ideal Maintenance Mechanic - Float is looking to build a career. With over 30 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.