City Furniture is currently seeking an Instructional Designer to add to our Customer Care Department. The primary function of this position is to manage the skills of all of the company’s learning and development related functions. The Instructional Designer will be responsible for designing the instructional content for professional learning.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designs training programs using established methodologies; including regional / remote learning methodologies, needs assessments, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Researches, designs, develops and evaluates instructional programs (TWI, ILT, OJT and E-Learning), curriculum, and materials (JIB’s, Job Aids, Manuals, CBT’s, etc.).
- Works closely with SME’s, etc. to ensure that training materials are effective, current and relevant. Analyzes training sessions and materials and makes effective recommendations for actions. Prepares and beta tests training materials as necessary.
- Delivers Instructor Led Training (ILT) in accordance with particular ILT classes within each Institute, when applicable. Evaluates and ensures the successful delivery of training programs. Analyzes training sessions and materials and makes effective recommendations for actions. Prepares and beta tests training programs and materials as necessary.
- Measures and evaluates training effectiveness (Level 1-4 Evaluation Programs). Monitors, reviews, and reports on the progress of associates via reports in the Learning Management System. Evaluates the effectiveness of training and development programs with Management.
- Manages the administration of the Learning Management System which includes: assigning CTBs, assigning development plans, resolving technical issues, maintaining department’s Intranet website pages, maintaining the repository of information for each Institute of Learning, training Associates on the features of the system, etc.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives and in the coordination of Company functions. Assists with other administrative tasks as requested (i.e. HRD center, switchboard, reporting, etc.).
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Year-end Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- Promote-from-within culture, with A LOT of opportunity to grow