FLEET MECHANIC I - PLANT CITY
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Mechanic I, the primary function of this position is to pair, inspect, and maintain services for trucks, tractors and service vehicles in a company fleet. The Mechanic 1 is responsible for diagnosing automotive problems, determining their best solutions, and making any necessary repairs to ensure the fleet is running well in an efficient, quality minded and customer focused manner. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Operations Department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Mechanic I Plant City, FL
Reports To: Department:
Operations Manager Operations
What You’ll Do…
As a Mechanic 1 Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Conducts DOT Inspections
- Performs Preventative Maintenance.
- Performs repairs on Engine, Transmissions, Chassis, Brakes, Electrical systems, and fuel systems
- Test drives vehicle.
- Initiates/populates/closes out repair orders
- Conducts vehicle Diagnostics Systems
Vehicle Body Repair:
- Performs daily vehicle inspections.
- Inspects Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) fuel systems. This includes, hoses, connectors, odor, hissing, etc.
- Inspects gasoline fueling station for safe working condition or defects. This includes damage to equipment, tanks, hoses, connections, leaks, electrical, pumps, wiring, etc.
- DOT Safety Inspections
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Effective Communication – Verbal & Written
- Identifying and solving problems
- Technical/Functional Expertise
- Decision Making/Judgement
- Education & Work Experience:
- No High-school diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a maintenance shop environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a mechanical field
- Minimum of 2 Years’ experience working with Fleet/Diesel Trucks
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Sunday-Thursday 7:00AM-3:30PM
- 40 Hours per week
- 0% of Travel
- Physical Requirements:
- Heavy Lifting up 100 lbs., Bending, prolonged standing and walking
- Working safely with chemicals
- Technology Requirements: preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Certifications / Licenses
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- OSHA 608/609
- ASE Certifications and or Mechanical Repair trade school certificate
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: c9516d92-ff34-4ae8-ba2b-ec9369d4a283