EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SPECIALIST
CITY Furniture has a great opportunity to join the Human Resources team as an Employee Relations Specialist. The primary function of Employee Relations Specialist is to manage the intake, communication, execution, and closure of escalated HR inquiries, allegations, and tasks for all Associates and Leaders. The Employee Relations Specialist acts as a liaison between Associates and Managers in resolving Associate Relations issues and provides advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. In addition, the Employee Relations Specialist serves as a subject matter expert on various HR agile problem-solving teams as needed.
Investigations and Terminations - Conducts formal investigations (i.e. sexual harassment, workplace violence, wrongful termination, etc.) in response to Associate Relations issues. Recommends courses of action based on results of investigations. Coordinates termination processes and ensures that Associates are treated fairly and with respect.
Associate Relations - Responds to escalated Associate concerns, appeals, complaints, inquiries on Associate Relations topics. Manages assigned Associate Relations cases and provides guidance to leaders regarding coaching, counseling, positive disciplinary action (CAP), suspension, and performance improvement plans (PIP). Keeps both leaders and involved Associates aware of the status of open cases.
Problem Solving - Serves as a team member, or provides guidance, to HR agile problem-solving teams focused on creating and/or improving HR processes, policies, programs, etc. Spends time in work areas to determine root cause and ideal countermeasures and/or viable solutions.
Unemployment Claims - Makes determinations on the contestability of unemployment claims on behalf of the company; independently responds to unemployment claims filed and acts in the role of the Employer Representative at unemployment hearings.
Policy Administration and Legal Compliance - Ensures regulatory compliance of programs such as FMLA, ADA, COBRA, HIPAA, HRA Training, Section 125, etc., as well as other applicable state and federal laws. Reviews and provides interpretation and guidance on policies and practices and ensures compliance. Keeps the company abreast of current practices and informed of legal issues.
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of company policies
- Strong understanding of HR processes and workflow
- High degree of emotional intelligence, integrity, sound judgement, and discretion regarding the handling of confidential information
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to work in a team to meet department goals and deadlines
- High attention to detail and customer focus
- Exceptional time management, customer service, and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with a high degree of tact, courtesy, and diplomacy
Work Environment Summary
This position is required to work a flexible 40-hour work week Monday through Friday with limited weekend and early morning hours in a corporate office environment and/or remote - work from home environment. Travel to showrooms and distribution center environments is primarily contained within South and Central Florida. The position requires limited light lifting.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunity to grow
- And MANY more