We have a wonderful opportunity to join our CITY Furniture Operation team!!! Come join us!!!
As the Distribution Center Manager in Training (Tampa), the primary function of this position is to learn ALL aspects of the Operations Department while maintaining high standards for personal performance. This position is also responsible for leading a team of up to 100 associates on a daily basis to operate the business in an efficient and safe manner.
- Learns and applies company standard operating procedures and policies within the Distribution Center with the goal of eventually managing the day-to-day operations (i.e. floor management) of assigned departments to ensure efficiency and productivity in the departments.
- Works with assigned Manager and Mentor to achieve defined performance goals
- Successfully complete the Manager in Training program within the established time frame
- Gains exposure to safety policies and procedures and ensures that associates utilize the proper material handling techniques and equipment to minimize damages and reduce injuries.
- Gains exposure to monitoring and managing product inventory, shipping, and delivery logistics
- Gains exposure to managing expenses and budgets for assigned departments.
- Gains exposure to managing the physical resources (i.e. equipment, tools, facilities maintenance, etc.) for assigned departments.
- Gains exposure to managing the human resources (i.e. forecasting, scheduling, etc.) for assigned departments.
- Conducts meetings on a regular basis to communicate appropriate information to Associates.
- Reviews and analyzes departmental reports. Problem solves and investigates data and makes recommendations for process improvements.
Your career will begin with a detailed new hire orientation, a welcome lunch with your leader, a personalized initial training plan, and a personalized development plan to help you reach your career goals.
The ideal Distribution Center Manager in Training (Tampa) is looking to build a career. With over 30 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Free Onsite Health Clinic (Tamarac)
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Onsite Cafeteria (Tamarac)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation starting at 6 months
- Paid Sick Time
- Promote-from-within culture, with a lot of opportunities to grow
- And MANY more
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.
You do not need previous experience in a Distribution Center to be successful in this role. Our World-Class On-the-Job Training Program will get you ramped up and ready to succeed! We do; however, look at the following:
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented
- A coachable and self-directed learner who is always willing to learn
- Analytical, and loves to solve problems
- High energy "people person"
- Professional, driven, positive, resilient, and achievement-focused
- Detailed, strong follow up and follow-through; excellent time-management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; a great listener
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office) is required
- Enjoys and can work a flexible and accommodating full-time schedule (including days, nights, and overnight shifts)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, and additional languages such as Creole, etc. a plus