DELIVERY DRIVER - NO CDL REQUIRED - PLANT CITY
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Delivery Driver, the primary function of this position is to deliver furniture to customers in a professional and efficient manner that will want customers to purchase from CITY Furniture again. The Delivery Driver is also responsible for maximizing quality and efficiency scores to continuously improve customer satisfaction. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Operations Department at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Delivery Driver Plant City, FL
Reports To: Department:
Operations Manager Operations
What You’ll Do…
As a Delivery Driver, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver and install furniture in customers’ homes in a friendly professional manner using proper material handling techniques to prevent damage and/or personal injuries
- Open and inspect products for parts/damages prior to leaving the Distribution Center to ensure a successful delivery for each customer
- Drive company vehicles in a safe manner
- Contact customers upon leaving Distribution Center to provide them with a two-hour delivery time frame
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Delivery Driver:
- Load and unload products utilizing proper material handling techniques and equipment to minimize damages
- Contact customers as well as the Customer Care Department for any unforeseen changes to the daily plan
- Work in the Distribution Center as needed
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Effective Communication – Verbal & Written
- Speaking Effectivity/Listening Attentively
- Relationship Management
- Change Receptivity
- Teamwork: Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation among peers
- Cross Cultural Agility
- Customer Orientation
- Personal Development
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test, background check, and physical ability test
- Education & Work Experience:
- High School/GED High School Equivalent/Trade School
- No previous experience required
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Full time - 6:00am until all assigned deliveries are completed.
- Includes weekends
- Physical Requirements:
- This position is in a large non-air-conditioned Distribution Center (warehouse) as well as support the driver leading the CITY Furniture truck
- The position requires heavy lifting (75lbs or more) and intermittent sitting, occasional standing, bending, and squatting
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Certifications / Licenses
- Valid Florida Driver's License - No CDL required
- Clean driving record
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.