Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at an excellent value, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What This Role Is…
As a College intern, the primary function of this position is to contribute to the success of the company while providing hands-on experience and exposure to various facets of CITY Furniture. The College Intern is also responsible for collaborating with team members to support ongoing projects and contribute to a successful execution. Your contributions will ensure the success of the company at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
College Intern Various
Reports To: Department:
What You’ll Do…
As a College Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to:
Assist in Project Management by supporting ongoing projects by conducting research, analyzing data, and preparing
Undertake Specialized Tasks such as specific assignments related to the department's functions, such as data entry, market research, or administrative tasks.
- Help in creating and analyzing reports that track departmental KPIs and performance metrics.
- Support the department in gathering market data, analyzing trends, and preparing competitive analyses.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, vendors, and team members, as required.
- Identify areas for process optimization and propose solutions to enhance departmental efficiency.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job-Specific Skills
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Initiative and Proactivity
- Time Management
- Technical Proficiency
- Critical Thinking
- Leadership Potential
- Education & Work Experience:
- Currently enrolled student at a 2-year or 4-academic institution
- Type of experience in or from a related field preferred.
- Monday - Friday
- 8 am – 5:30 pm
- Physical & Travel Demands:
- 0% of Travel
- Technology Requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1a928ab3-f816-47bb-9df7-9d60e961e125