CAFE BARISTA FULL TIME - WEST PALM BEACH
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
As a part-time cafe barista team member at CITY Furniture, you'll enjoy competitive hourly pay starting at $15.00/hr, performance bonuses, and access to comprehensive healthcare benefits. Our 401(k) plan helps you save for the future. You'll also have paid time off, employee discounts, and growth opportunities in our inclusive work environment.
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
- Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Café Barista, the primary function of this position is to prepare and serve a variety of coffee, baked goods, beer, and wine The café barista, is also responsible for operating the cash register and handle all cash/credit transactions. You will also assist KC Café team during events such as “Wine & Design", showroom grand openings and tent pole events. Your contributions will ensure the success of the KC Café at CITY Furniture.
Position Title: Location:
Café Barista Naples
Reports To: Department:
Showroom Director/Sr. Showroom Manager Sales/ Retail Operations
What You’ll Do…
As a Café barista, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Make cookies, other menu items, and serves beverages throughout the day.
- Maximize café sales by being readily available, providing World Class Service, suggestive selling and upselling
- Obtain pre-determined Sales Goal expectations on a monthly basis.
- Prospect and find new ways to increase business
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Café Barista:
- Adhere to assigned all Standard Work and Role and Responsibilities for your role.
- Maintain cleanliness of KC Café by completing daily checklist according to ServSafe standards.
- Order and maintain proper inventory of all beverages and glassware using “first in, first out” process.
- Focus on quality control of product temperature and service.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Social Intelligence
- Speaking effectively /Listening attentively
- Relationship Management
- Customer Orientation
- Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma preferred
- One (1) to Three (3) years of food service experience preferred
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Full time 40 hours a week / Part time 32 hours a week
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting excess of 20 lbs.
- Set-up, bending, reaching and cleaning KC Café
- Prolonged standing and/or walking
- Must be 21 years of age
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Certifications / Licenses
- Servsafe Certification preferred but not required
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.