BUILDING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - TAMARAC
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Building Maintenance Technician the primary function of this position is to assist the Facilities Manager and ensure that all aspects of the physical showroom(s) are well maintained and operationally sound. Your contributions will ensure the success of the Facilities Department at CITY Furniture.
Building Maintenance Technician
Building Maintenance Supervisor
What You’ll Do…
As a Building Maintenance Technician, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Pressure clean front entrance and walkways. Paint interior and exterior walls as needed. Perform miscellaneous painting as needed. Repair and paint holes in walls, doors, and other places throughout the building.
- Replace light bulbs, ballasts, lamps and LED fixtures in all areas of the showroom. Adds/replaces outlets, switches, electric cords, plugs contactors and relays. Repairs issues on lightning panels for lighting control program and electrical breaker boxes. Repairs fans and other minor electrical issues.
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Building Maintenance Technician:
- Install and repair plumbing fixtures and piping. Unclog commodes, urinals, sink drains and drinking fountains. Repair and adjust doorknobs, locks, striker plates, hinges and stops, toilet seats, paper towel and toilet seat dispensers.
- Inspect and perform routine preventive maintenance on all bay doors to make sure all locks, tracks and guide wheels are operational. Inspect all sprinkler valves in accordance with FM Global established guidelines. Inspect and monitor generator and generator room. Inspect equipment in the chiller room, pump room and electrical rooms, to determine maintenance needs. Adjust and maintain door closers and panic exit devices.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Effective communication – Verbal & Written
- Change receptivity
- Technical/Functional Expertise
- Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED High School Equivalent/Trade School required Type of experience in or from a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of previous work-related experience in electrical, plumbing, miscellaneous repairs and operations.
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- Monday – Friday; 40 hours per week with paid overtime as required.
- Corporate and retail store environment
- Physical Requirements:
- Bending and lifting 5 to 20 lbs are required. Lifting 20 lbs may be required occasionally.
- Operating a lift to work on light fixtures in the ceiling is required.
- Certifications / Licenses:
- Valid Florida Driver License and reliable transportation are required.
- Other skills:
- Proficiency in reading and speaking English. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 0dd6c840-14d9-401a-87ef-ea24daffd6e0