ASSOCIATE CORPORATE COUNSEL TRANSACTIONAL - TAMARAC
Who We Are…
With over 50 years of experience, and several CITY Furniture and Ashley HomeStore showrooms and distribution centers throughout Florida, CITY Furniture continues to be recognized as a top furniture company in South Florida and nationwide. By joining CITY Furniture, you become part of a family-spirited organization that is focused on you! With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the CITY Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates. Click Here to watch our Company video!
Our Vision is to be the ultimate furniture and mattress store.
Our Purpose is to enrich people’s lives and make the world a better place.
Our Mission is to provide quality home furnishings, at excellent values, in an exciting and fun environment.
Our Values: Mutual Trust & Respect | Continuous Improvement | Entrepreneurial Spirit | Customer Focus | Teamwork | Giving Back
What Benefits You’ll Receive…
Competitive, Transparent Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Hospital, Critical Care, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- On-Site Health & Wellness Clinic (Tamarac & Plant City)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Flexible Environment
- 95% Promote from Within
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Associate Purchase Discount Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- And so much more….
What This Role Is…
As a Corporate Counsel - Transactional, the primary function of this position is to assist the General Counsel in building, implementing, and leading a best-in-class legal department at CITY, with a specific focus on the solving the Company’s eclectic corporate and transactional legal matters, including contract management, corporate governance and compliance, data privacy, intellectual property, legal operations, and various internal legal requests, The Corporate Counsel - Transactional role is also responsible for driving the continued adoption of the City Furniture Operating System (CFOS) and Lean thinking within the legal department to optimize workflows and efficiencies and to enhance and develop CITY’s long-term legal strategies and goals. Your contributions will ensure the continued success of the Legal Department at CITY Furniture.
Corporate Counsel - Transactional
Hybrid – Remote/Corporate Environment (Tamarac, FL)
What You’ll Do…
As a Corporate Counsel - Transactional, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Manage CITY’s corporate and transactional legal needs
- Manage and complete various legal requests across the company, serving as the main point of contact for a variety of internal legal matters.
- Assist and advise on matters of corporate governance, corporate structures, and compliance with various policies, in addition to federal, state, and local laws.
- Manage an intellectual property portfolio, management system, and processes.
- Review, identify, and implement data privacy protections and compliance for Company.
- Research, analyze, and resolve various legal issues affecting the Company.
Additional duties and responsibilities as a Corporate Counsel - Transactional:
- Contract Management
- Assist the Director of Contract Management with the intake, negotiations, and execution of various legal agreements with CITY’s many vendors and sports partnerships
- Create, sustain, and improve CITY’s contract management systems, standards, and processes associated with contract request intake, the contract playbook, risk assessment, and negotiating agreements.
- Legal Operations
- Assist with strategically driving CITY’s in-house legal department by implementing the City Furniture Operating System (CFOS) and innovate and improve all of CITY’s internal legal operations and processes.
- Research and manage optimal legal partnerships, outside counsel, and vendors, negotiate the best fee arrangements and rates, and onboard vendors quickly and efficiently.
- Research, analyze, and develop CITY’s legal operations “technology roadmap” to automate time-consuming and repetitive tasks and ensure CITY’s legal operations platforms are best-in-class.
- Update and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and monitor the metrics, processes, and systems for the legal department.
What We’re Looking For…
- Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Identifying and Solving problems
- Effective Communication – written and verbal
- Excellent Legal Research, Writing, and Advocacy Skills
- Contract Law (negotiating, drafting, management, and execution)
- Intellectual Property Protection and Management (Patents, Trademarks, Service Marks, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets)
- Data and Privacy Laws (including GDPR and CCPA)
- Legal Operations (vendor management, technology & process support,
- Education & Work Experience:
- Juris Doctor required – Florida Bar Licensed
- A minimum of (5) five years’ experience practicing law
- In-house/ corporate experience preferred
- Work Environment & Schedule:
- 45-hour flexible work week
- Occasional weekends, early or late hours, based on business and safety needs.
- Less than 5% travel
- Physical Requirements:
- Technology Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.)
- Google Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Legal Research Tools: Westlaw/ LexisNexis/ etc.
- Contract Lifecycle Management Systems preferred
- Certifications / Licenses
- Juris Doctor required – Florida Bar Licensed
- Accredited Legal Operations Professional (ALOP) preferred
- Six Sigma/Lean Process knowledge preferred
- Valid Florida Drivers Licenses
CITY Furniture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At CITY Furniture, Inc. we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 249e50b5-c732-4a69-a2c4-7904abfb6611