City Furniture has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Fleet Maintenance Mechanic. The primary purpose of this position is perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on cars, trucks, and off-road equipment in a safe, efficient, quality minded and customer focused manner. Perform maintenance and repair on lift equipment to manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit.
With 28 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as one of the top furniture companies in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth into new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
* Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
* Onsite Free Health Clinic
* 401k with employer match
* Associate Discount Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Vacation
* Promote-from-within culture, with A LOT of opportunity to grow
* And MANY more
* Perform repair work on vehicles such as breakdowns, malfunctions and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient, and quality manner. Must be willing to be "On Call" for after hour breakdowns.
* Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify complaint
* Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer’s specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas), electrical systems, brakes, and HVAC systems.
* Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format, follow parts ordering/billing procedures.
* Perform final operational test on all vehicles to quality-check all repairs
* Ensure that customers vehicles are kept clean and washed after repair is completed
* Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit.
* Perform preventive maintenance on trucks such as fluid changes, lubrications, safety inspections, and brake repairs.
* Perform preventive maintenance on off-road equipment such as lubrications, adjustments, cutting tip replacements, and safety inspections.
* Examine vehicle to determine if any additional safety or repair work is needed.
* Inspect, maintain and repair lift equipment to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit.
* Visually inspect structural integrity of lift equipment and report any deficiencies so that they may be corrected.
* Perform preventive maintenance and repairs to devices in accordance with manufacturer's and ANSI guidelines and in a timely manner to maximize the life and productivity of the equipment.
* Perform maintenance and repair welding on equipment. Fabricate parts as required including any design work needed.
* Inspect for cracks or damage to assess needed repair
* Fabricate parts as needed to complete repair including any design work
* Perform welding repair to manufacturer’s guidelines
* Inspect, maintain and repair all mechanical warehouse equipment such as:
* Hydraulic Lifts
* Bay Doors
* Air Compressors
* Dock Levers
* Order Pickers
* General Electrical Work
* Tuggers & other industrial equipment
All other duties as assigned