City Furniture has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Inventory Transfer Technician in our Plant City, Tampa Distribution Center for EARLY JULY (Start Date Flexible). The primary purpose of this position is to deliver freight between distribution centers in a safe, professional, and efficient manner. This position is required to work a 40-hour flexible workweek (nights and weekends) on the road driving a City Furniture tractor-trailer, as well as in a large non-air conditioned Distribution Center (warehouse). This position requires long periods of sitting, occasional standing, lifting, ending, and squatting.
With 28 City Furniture and Ashley Home Store locations throughout Florida, City Furniture continues to be recognized as one of the top furniture companies in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth into new markets over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- Onsite Free Health Clinic
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Promote-from-within culture, with A LOT of opportunity to grow
- And MANY more
- Transferring Inventory: Drives company vehicle in a safe manner in order to transfer inventory between Distribution Centers. Ensures proper hours of operation are maintained. Uses hand device to keep a daily DOT (Department of Transportation) E-logs and understands and follows DOT Regulations.
- Conducts pre and post trip audits to ensure vehicle is safe to operate. Communicates any mechanic problems to mechanic.
- Contacts internal customers to communicate any delivery delays.
- Examines and evaluates trailer load, and ensures that all loads are secured properly to ensure safe transport.
- Moves containers around the Distribution Center yard.
- All other duties as assigned
Come grow with us!
Apply Now and one of our experienced Recruiters will call you to give you more details.
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor