· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supervisory Management, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (including nights, weekends and holidays)
· Strong leadership ability
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Communication skills will be necessary in one-to-one situations as well as large group settings.
· Ability to effectively present information and engage in problem solving with large groups and respond to questions from managers, customers, vendors, or other employees within the organization.
· Builds effective relationships and has a team focus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Strong analytical skills
· Knowledge of Lean Operating Systems